ISO 55001 asset management system
ISO 55001 is an asset management system standard, the main objective of which is to help organizations manage the lifecycle of assets more effectively. By implementing ISO 55001 organizations will have better control over daily activities, achieve higher return with their assets, and reduce the total cost of risk.
This standard can be applied to all organizational structures of companies, and to all types of assets. The concrete outcomes consist of a growth in effectiveness accompanied by a dramatic drop in unit cost. This framework also supports continual improvement of performance and offers improvements for an organization of any industry, type or size.
Benefits of ISO 55001 Asset Management
ISO 50001 Certified individuals will have the opportunity to gain many benefits, but not limited to:
- Development of viable and predictable cash flows
- Ability to manage asset’s lifecycle
- Ability to ensure that assets fulfill their necessary function
- Support improvement and business growth
- Support an organization during the process of establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an Asset Management System
- Increase profitability
- Manage risk related to asset ownership
- Enhance brand reputation